01 April 2016






US



touch me
from within.
reach to the very depths
of my soul and
with unfettered wings
lead me to the sun,
the gilded edges stained
with gold.
liberate me
from the dark,
where gawking 
shadows hide;
let loose the flame
of holy fire like
consumed beings 
in the even tide.
 with nonchalance
we run to escape,
 feet barely touching
the earth-
here's to us!
here's to the brave!
stripped naked of 
every carnal worth.
but alas!
in sojourning
the end of time has 
caught up with  us,
as we stood in the
 fields of wheat 
your hand in mine,
we flew to the heritage of
the free at last.
so now...
hold me
as we trek the
rest of the land,
the breadth of the world
in the palm of 
our scarred hands.
where love transcends
yet remain unuttered,
where songs flow like
the river wild,
where light consumes
our whole being
forever in you and me
will abide.



by kaye








2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to tell you that I LOVE your blog. It has really enthralled me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Hello there! Sorry i just saw your comment right this minute. Thank you very much- i don't often get feedback from people so I appreciate it. Thank you. Xx

      -Kaye

      Delete