19 March 2016






Penned for someone i know who is going through a painful separation. 







tears cured by salt.
crashing against my flesh,
pounding
me from the inside.
threatening
to relieve itself 
and seep out 
of every pore of my body.
the hairline cracks,
the faint flash
of dismalness in the eye;
they have to remain
as they are-
hints to a 
smithereened heart.
prisoners of sorrow.
do not even dare to
break down the wall
because I am trying
to live through this.
I accept all-
the retribution, 
the reapings,
the desolation; 
the ache of a 
thousand nights without you.
I am forlorn and forsaken
by a love that will never
pass my way again.
It is with the utmost regret
that I say goodbye to you.
that now, I too 
will turn my back on us.
for that yearning
to go away, to leave...
people say I can start again-
but you will always be
 embedded in my soul,
in every fibre and muscle,
in every memory, every scent.
I will see you in the shadow
of someone,
in the smile of another,
in the space next to me
when i fall asleep.
but i will cleave to the
memory of you in my heart-
the way you smile,
 the way your eyes light up,
the feel of your mouth 
pressing against mine...
and yet despite the 
great crashing 
of the waves within,
despite the mad stirring
of untamed waters-
i will never forget.
no, not I
not you.


by kaye










No comments:

Post a Comment